Union Theological Seminary in the City of New York
Professor of Psychology and Religion
Union Theological Seminary seeks applicants for a tenured position in Psychology and Religion at the rank of professor. The position provides opportunities for teaching a range of required and elective courses in the M.Div. and M.A. curriculum, as well as doctoral level courses and advisement of students.
1. A Ph.D. degree in Psychology/Pastoral Care and Counseling/Psychiatry and Religion with demonstrated competence and teaching experience in psychology, culture, and pastoral theology. A specialized focus and expertise in clinical training, including CPE, is key to this position.
2. A demonstrated competence for excellence in teaching, significant scholarly research, and publication. The candidate must also be engaged in teaching and research that is interdisciplinary and attentive to gender, race, sexuality, class, and global issues. Competence in the area of spirituality and spiritual formation is a desideratum.
3. A demonstrated competence in mentoring students of diverse backgrounds.
4. Willingness to participate collaboratively and creatively with colleagues across disciplines to support the Seminary’s commitment to ministerial formation and scholarly excellence, as well as an interest in new technologies for teaching and learning.
5. Support of the Seminary’s commitment to inclusiveness, social-‐ecological justice, and interreligious collaboration
Union Theological Seminary, an equal opportunity employer, seeks a racially diverse, broadly representative faculty that is sensitive to cross-cultural issues.
Candidates should submit a letter of interest, curriculum vita, transcripts, and three letters of recommendation to:
Dr. Mary C. Boys
c/o Alma Matos (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dean of Academic Affairs
Union Theological Seminary
New York, New York 10027
To ensure full consideration, complete application materials must be submitted by November 15, 2014. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.