In order to match your recommendation to your online application, it is very important that you list your recommenders on your online application and also provide them with (1) information about you, the applicant; (2) the recommendation form link; and (3) the recommendation instructions. You must send the recommenders this information yourself. The system does not automatically send this information to your recommenders on your behalf.
1. Applicant Information
- your full name (as it appears on the online application)
- your birth date (as it appears on the online application)
- instructions (below)
- link to the online recommendation form or a PDF of the recommendation form (below)
- Deadline for submission of the recommendation form (below)
- For Non-Degree ONLY: term for which you are seeking admission (Spring 2013 or Fall 2013)
Each program (M.A., M.Div & M.Div./M.S.S.W., S.T.M., Non-Degree, and Ph.D.) requires a different recommendation form (online or print). Please use the table below to identify which recommendation form is applicable for your application for admission.
3. Instructions to the Recommender
Recommender responses to the questions on the recommendation form are very helpful to the Admissions Committee as they evaluate your application for admission. All recommendations forms should bear applicant’s name as it appears on the application and their birth date.
Paper recommendation forms should be sealed and must bear recommender’s signature across the envelope back flap. They should be mailed to:
Office of Admissions
Union Theological Seminary
New York, NY 10027
Recommendations may also be emailed by the recommender directly to the Admissions Office at email@example.com, or may be submitted by fax to 212-858-5788.
If recommender has questions or comments he/she can contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 24-48 hours for a response.