Union Theological Seminary's Latin@ Caucus seeks to:
- Encourage students, staff and faculty to critically examine Union's role in fostering Latino/a ministry.
- Deepen knowledge of Latina/o cultures among Latina/o students and the broader UTS Community.
- Identify opportunities for UTS students to learn from Hispanic ministry.
- Provide an environment of fellowship "por el pueblo y para el pueblo", through peer-to-peer academic mentoring and social support.
- Foster and maintain alliances among groups from diverse cultural backgrounds in the collective struggle for social justice.
- Promote interdisciplinary approaches to the study of the Latina/o religio-spiritual experience.
- Foster and promote ethnographic and community building projects related to the diverse Latino community of New York City.