Careers at Union
Union’s Official Jobs Listing
Description of the Position:
Reports to the Dean of Academic Affairs. The functions and activities of the Registrar’s office include: management of student academic records, registration, assignment of classroom space, grading, enrollment projections and analysis of trends, degree tracking, enrollment verification, graduation certification, FERPA compliance, and all other areas of enrollment management.
- Maintains and updates biographical and demographic student data and transcripts.
- Implements the procedures for the enrollment and registration of students.
- Develops and administers policies pertaining to the overall record keeping function of Union including class rosters, permanent student records, special doctoral records, transcripts, credits, grading, withdrawals and statistical information.
- Prepares degree audits, ensures students have met degree requirements, and certifies students for graduation.
- Oversees course catalog, course schedule, scheduling of final exams, and academic calendar.
- Supports the work of faculty advisement of students.
- Prepares enrollment reports for internal use and federal, state, and accrediting agencies.
- Coordinates with the Information Technology office to acquire UNIs (University network ID) for lecturers.
- Oversees preparation of grade report each semester for review by the Committee on Standing.
- Works in conjunction with Director of Worship to organize Commencement.
- Serves on various committees, including the Academic Affairs Committee and the Committee on Standing.
- Works closely with colleagues in the Academic Office, particularly the Associate Deans of Academic Affairs, Admissions, and Student Affairs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of directly related work experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of student records and student registration systems. Familiarity with Blackbaud preferred.
- Skilled in the use of computers, preferably in a PC Windows – based operating environment; advanced MS Excel and Outlook skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in oral and written format.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse group of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, and must possess excellent judgment and ability to problem solve.
- Ability to organize and manage a complex record keeping function.
- Ability to prepare, maintain and interpret statistical data.
- Demonstrated knowledge about best practices related to the work of a registrar and FERPA and other relevant federal and state policies and requirements (IPEDS, SEVIS, etc.)
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
To apply please email cover letter and resume to Diana Torres-Petrill at firstname.lastname@example.org