Stay in Touch!

Get our newsletter for all the latest from Union:

Transcripts & Records

Screen Shot 2015-02-17 at 1.33.15 PM

A student’s academic record or transcript is a private document that is the property of Union Theological Seminary, and it will be issued to a third party only upon written authorization given by the student. Students may request transcripts in the Registrar’s Office and are advised, if meeting deadlines, to make their requests in sufficient time to allow for processing and mailing. Union charges for all copies. The Seminary reserves the right to withhold transcripts from any student with unpaid indebtedness to the Seminary.

The written evaluations submitted by course instructors are not a part of the transcript and will not be issued with it. If upon graduation, however, a student has arranged for a member of the faculty to prepare a summary evaluation of his or her academic career at the Seminary, a copy of this summary will be issued with the transcript whenever the student expressly requests it.

Request a Transcript

You may request transcript from Union on-line. We are unable to accept transcript requests by telephone, fax, or email. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) requires that the owners of education information give their consent before their information is released. Your digitally-signed and dated consent form shows that you have authorized your transcript to be release.

General Transcript Request Information

  • All transcript requests must be submitted online.
  • Transcripts cost $7.00 per copy.
  • Transcript requests are processed in the order in which they are received.
  • Pick-up: For students who select to pick-up their official transcript, you will contacted via phone and/or email when the transcript is ready for pick-up. Any transcript not picked up within 30 days will be destroyed.
  • Transcripts requests that require an additional attachment(s) sent with the transcript must be submitted in person, by email (, or by mail along with the signed consent form.
  • Requests will not be honored for anyone with past-due financial obligations to the Seminary. Questions regarding financial obligations should be directed to the Bursar’s Office at 212-280-1354.

Requesting Transcript Online

Fill out Union’s Online Transcript Request Form.