Union’s Alumni/ae Council is a volunteer group of up to 30 graduates who represent the varied constituencies of Union alumni/ae. Council members are committed to:
- Sustaining an ongoing institutional relationship between Union and its alumni/ae.
- Promoting spiritual, material, and voluntary service among alumni/ae in support of Union.
- Providing advice and counsel regarding Union’s mission and ministries.
- Strengthening and guiding The Union Alumni/ae Network and helping to cultivate a culture of “going back” and “giving back” among alumni/ae.
- Recognizing service by Union alumni/ae to church, academy, and society through the Unitas Distinguished Alumni/ae Award. Nominate someone for the Unitas Award here.
Click here to nominate an alumnus/a for election to the Council. Please submit a short bio along with a statement of why this person is interested in serving on the Council, as well as the contribution they hope to make. Self-nominations are welcome. Ordinarily, Council members serve two three-year terms. The Council meets twice a year, in October and February, at Union.
For more information about the Alumni/ae Council, please contact Director of Emily Odom at email@example.com.
The Rev. David Cowell ’94 (2019/1)
Director, Sequoia Hospital
Dr. Cynthia D. Moe-Lobeda ’01 (2020a/2)
Professor of Christian Ethics
Pacific Lutheran Theological Seminary
Graduate Theological Union
Dr. David A. Sánchez ’06 (2019/2)
Director, American Cultures Studies
Associate Professor of Early Christianity
Loyola Marymount University
Dr. Christopher Ashley ’16 (2020b/1)
New York-Presbyterian Hospital, Pastoral Care
District of Columbia
The Rev. Karen S. Byrne ’07 (2018/1)
Member, First Congregational UCC
The Rev. Kimberly (Kym) Lucas ’95(2020a/2)
Rector, St. Margaret’s Episcopal Church
The Rev. John T. “Jack” Mathison (2020b/1)
The Rev. Emily Enders Odom ’90 (2018/1)
Director of Alumni/ae Relations
Union Theological Seminary
The Rev. John C. Allen ’13 (2019/1)
First Congregational Church Milton, UCC
The Rev. Dr. Takashi James “Jim” Kodera ’76 (2020b/1)
Professor of Religion
Sindy Morales Garcia ’15 (2018b/1)
Community Initiatives Program Associate
Amherst H. Wilder Foundation
Ben Sanders ’08 (2020a/2)
Assistant Professor of Theology and Ethics
Eden Theological Seminary
Requithelia E. Allen ’16 (2019/1)
Pastor in Residence
Concord Baptist Church of Christ, Brooklyn
Rev. Dr. Mary Foulke ’89, ’96 (2019/2)
Rector, St. Mary’s Episcopal Church
Toni Anne Reynolds ’14, ’16 (2020b/1)
Career Development and Resource Coordinator
Union Theological Seminary
The Rev. Sharon Key ’84 (2019/1)
United Church of Christ
The Rev. Sharon L. Moe ’86 (2018/1)
United Methodist Church