Union’s Alum Council is a volunteer group of up to 30 graduates who represent the varied constituencies of Union alum. Council members are committed to:
- Sustaining an ongoing institutional relationship between Union and its alums.
- Promoting spiritual, material, and voluntary service among alums in support of Union.
- Providing advice and counsel regarding Union’s mission and ministries.
- Strengthening and guiding The Union Alums Network and helping to cultivate a culture of “going back” and “giving back” among alums.
- Recognizing service by Union alums to church, academy, and society through the Unitas Distinguished Alum Award. Nominate someone for the Unitas Award here.
Click here to nominate an alum for election to the Council. Please submit a short bio along with a statement of why this person is interested in serving on the Council, as well as the contribution they hope to make. Self-nominations are welcome. Ordinarily, Council members serve two three-year terms. The Council meets twice a year, in October and February, at Union.
For more information about the Alum Council, please contact Rita L. Walters email@example.com
The Rev. David Cowell ’94
Director, Sequoia Hospital
Dr. Cynthia D. Moe-Lobeda ’01
Professor of Christian Ethics
Pacific Lutheran Theological Seminary
Graduate Theological Union
District of Columbia
The Rev. Karen S. Byrne ’07
Member, First Congregational UCC
The Rev. John T. “Jack” Mathison
New York Avenue Presbyterian Church
The Rev. Emily Enders Odom ’90
Director of Alumni/ae Relations
Union Theological Seminary
The Rev. John C. Allen ’13
First Congregational Church Milton, UCC
The Rev. Dr. Takashi James “Jim” Kodera ’76 (2020b/1)
Professor of Religion
Sindy Morales Garcia ’15
Community Initiatives Program Associate
Amherst H. Wilder Foundation
The Rev. Dr. Ben Sanders ’08
Assistant Professor of Theology and Ethics
Eden Theological Seminary
The Rev. Requithelia E. Allen ’16
Pastor in Residence
Concord Baptist Church of Christ, Brooklyn
Dr. Christopher Ashley ’16
New York-Presbyterian Hospital, Pastoral Care
Toni Anne Reynolds ’14, ’16