As a chaplain, you will support individuals through some of their greatest physical, emotional and spiritual challenges in a variety of situations. At Union, we have blended our greatest strengths to create a compelling vocational concentration. Over three years, the chaplaincy concentration in Union’s lauded Master of Divinity program combines coursework in psychology and religion, chaplaincy, and interreligious engagement, with a year of field education and a required unit of clinical pastoral education. As always, our curriculum is deeply rooted in our commitment to social justice.
This program is taught in an interreligious context and is open to members from all faith traditions, including Christian, Buddhist, Muslim and others.
- Build your skills through relevant courses including Trauma-Informed Care, Professional Ethics, Intro to Pastoral and Spiritual Care.
- Explore issues of social justice through classes like Islamophobia, Women Transforming Religion and Society, and Studies in Jewish Christian Relations
- Get real-life experience through Union’s year-long integrative field education program
- Count up to one unit of Clinical Pastoral Education towards your degree requirement
- Study and train in New York City, an unparalleled training ground for a life dedicated to social justice.