Join us on Thursday, February 18 at 10:30 am EST as we partner with Choose Healthy Life to empower the Union community to become informed messengers who educate and inspire their communities to fight COVID-19 through social distancing, testing, and vaccinations. Click here to register.
Speakers will include:
- The Rev. Fred Davie, Executive Vice President at Union Theological Seminary
- The Very Rev. Dr. Kelly Brown Douglas, Dean of Episcopal Divinity School at Union Theological Seminary
- Debra Fraser-Howze, Founder of Choose Healthy Life
- Rev. Jacques Andre DeGraff of Canaan Baptist Church & Council Member, Choose Healthy Life
- Dr. Tom Frieden, President and Chief Executive Officer of Resolve to Save Lives
Choose Healthy Life Black Clergy Action Plan is a sustainable, scalable and transferable approach to public health. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, they are working to raise awareness to educate the Black community on COVID-19 and other health disparities, proactively engage the community in a testing campaign to reduce the spread of the virus, establish in local churches an infrastructure of trusted health navigators to support their respective communities, and establish a sustainable model that can expand to address a multitude of health disparities and be replicated in other communities.
To learn more, visit: www.ChooseHealthyLife.org.