On behalf of the Office of Student Affairs, and the entire Union Community, welcome back to another academic semester at Union Theological Seminary! Whether it’s to complete your M.Div., or continue your M.A., we wish you with good tidings of a safe return back, and blessings for a breathtaking and soul-shaking new term.
Below is a comprehensive look at everything returning students must complete.
The relevant data/demographic information collected in your orientation paperwork will be shared with administrative offices at Union for educational purposes. We ask that you provide consistent information, particularly when sharing your legal name.
If you have questions, please email The Office of Student Affairs at email@example.com.
Student Affairs | Deadline: ASAP
The Office of Student Affairs serves as advocates for our students during their time at seminary. Often we are the best place to go when you’re not sure what to do or whom to ask. Questions about Student Affairs? Email The Office of Student Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All returning students must complete the following forms:
OPTIONAL FORMS: Returning students should complete the following form if their information has changed since entering Union.
- Submit a Disability Certificate
- Update your Emergency Contact Form
- Submit an SMS enabled phone number for Union Emergency Notification System
- Submit the Student Directory FERPA Opt-Out Form. If you do not submit Student Directory FERPA Opt-Out form, your contact information (name, photo & email) is used in our student directory. The Student Directory is only accessible by members of the Union community. I request to withhold directory information from publication in the Union Student Directory.
Financial Aid | DEADLINE: Within 2 weeks
Sign and submit your financial aid award letter. You will receive your award letter in your Union e-mail account from Melissa Desravines. The letter must be signed and submitted within two weeks from the date that you receive it.
Questions about Financial Aid? Email email@example.com.
Union Housing | DEADLINE: February 17
Union Theological Seminary will operate one residence hall during the 2019 – 2020 school year; McGiffert Hall. In addition, Union will be partnering with the International House and Manhattan Shcool of Music to provide housing options to our students. All three of these housing options are located within 1-2 blocks walk of the seminary.
Students who are still looking for housing not provided by Union Theological Seminary can review Columbia’s off-campus housing assistance. Your UNI will allow you access to this site.
Questions about Housing? Email Michael Orzechowski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Campus Services | ASAP
Campus Services assists with everything from planning events on campus, requesting repairs in campus housing, and connecting with the Information Technology department. Questions about Campus Services? Email Michael Orzechowski at email@example.com.
All returning students must complete the following form:
- Submit a Meal Plan Enrollment/Waiver Form
- Union offers lockers & mailbox for students who plan to live off campus. If interested, please fill out the Locker & Mailbox Request Form