We’ve managed to keep our COVID-19 cases phenomenally low during this time and create a safe, welcoming environment for our community members. As always, our policies are considered bearing in mind the most vulnerable members of our community. The current mask policy – required to be worn at all times – has been shifted to “masks welcomed” on our campus. This is effective as of November 2, 2022.
Although masks are no longer required in any space on campus, we ask that you continue to:
- observe masking in offices with a “Wear Your Mask” sticker,
- honor if a faculty member requests that students wear masks in their classroom,
- kindly respect another student’s request that you mask in their individual dorm rooms.
As a close community, it is courteous to continue to carry a mask and wear it in spaces where requested. There is no stigma attached to those wishing to continue masking regardless of this shift, and we encourage any behaviors that promote the health and safety of our community.
Some additional reminders:
- If you receive a positive COVID-19 diagnosis, report that information to Dean Abby as soon as possible. Accurate numbers allow for the greatest understanding of our community’s needs and this information is important for us to move forward together. We continue to follow current CDC recommendations for isolation and testing.
- There are many FREE testing sites in the city which you can find by searching here:https://www1.nyc.gov/site/coronavirus/get-tested/covid-19-testing.page
- Continue to use good hand washing and hand sanitizing techniques often.
- We recommend getting a flu shot for this season and/or an updated COVID-19 booster shot for added protection.
- If you are not feeling well, consider masking until you’re sure of your status to protect those around you.
Thank you for your care for one another.