Join us on Thursday, November 18 at 7:00 pm EST for our Union at Home webinar Pastoral Imagination: Cultivating Leadership and Shaping Theological Education. Registration is required to receive the Zoom webinar details.
What is pastoral imagination and why do ministers and theological educators need it right now? Pastoral imagination is an embodied, relational, spiritual, and integrative practical wisdom. It is a capacity needed by religious leaders so they can see a situation in all its complexity and holy depths and make fitting and wise responses. The panel will address ways ministers can embody and educators can cultivate pastoral imagination.
- Dr. Timothy Adkins-Jones, Assistant Professor of Homiletics, and Pastor of the historic Bethany Baptist Church in Newark, New Jersey
- Dr. Su Yon Pak, Senior Director and Associate Professor of Integrative and Field-based Education
- Dr. Christian Scharen, Co-Director of the Learning Pastoral Imagination Project and Pastor of St. Lydia’s Dinner Church, Brooklyn, NY
- Dr. Eileen Campbell-Reed, Visiting Associate Professor of Pastoral Theology and Care, Co-Director of the LPI Project, and author of Pastoral Imagination: Bringing the Practice of Ministry to Life
- Dr. Pamela Cooper-White, Vice-President of Academic Affairs and Dean, and Christiane Brooks Johnson Professor of Psychology & Religion, will moderate the panel