Office of the Registrar

Academic Catalogue

The Academic Catalogue contains course-related policies and a listing of courses in an academic year.

The Seminary reserves the right to cancel or modify policies and courses of instruction, change academic calendar dates, course instructors, and other details of the curriculum and academic programs. Students are responsible for acquainting themselves fully with the Seminary’s policies and procedures.

View Catalogue for Current Academic Year:

Academic Catalogue 2023-24

Updates to the 2023-24 Academic Catalog

How to View Bookmarks/Navigation:

  • To view with Google Chrome, click the above link and the PDF should download in a new window, outside of the browser. The bookmarks may be on the left side as a list or accessible as an icon on the right side of a menu bar.
  • To view Safari, right-click the above link and select Download Linked File, then open the downloaded file on your computer.
  • To view with Internet Explorer, click the above and the PDF should open in a new tab, with the bookmarks on the left side as a list.

To view Course Schedules, click here.

Catalogue Archive

To view catalogues with courses offered at Union Theological Seminary, select appropriate link below:


Academic Catalogue 2022-2023Academic Catalogue 2021-2022 |  Course Catalog 2020-2021 | Course Catalog 2019-2020 | Course Catalog 2018-19 | Course Catalog 2017-18Course Catalog 2016-2017 | Course Catalog 2015-2016 | Course Catalog 2014-2015 | Course Catalog 2013-2014 | Course Catalog 2012-2013 | Course Catalog 2011-2012 | Course Catalog 2010-2011 | Course Catalog 2009-2010 

Student Affairs

View the below webpage(s) for information about health and wellness resources, community standards and safety and security.

Student Affairs webpage

Declare a Concentration

MA students are advised to declare a concentration during their first year of study, and MDiv students during their second year. Concentrations allow the student to intentionally enroll in focused courses.

Please use this form to declare an M.Div. Concentration.

Please use this form to declare an M.A. Concentration. 

Apply to Graduate 

Students intending to graduate must complete this application in order to have a diploma ordered. The Application for Graduation must be completed by December 22, 2023 for students expecting to graduate after the Fall 2023 semester and by March 15, 2024 for students expecting to graduate after the Spring 2024 semester.

Course submissions

Faculty, complete this form when adding a new course to the Union curriculumIf approved, the below form must also be submitted to be added as a semester offering.

Faculty, complete this form, for existing courses, when submitting course offerings for an academic year.