Transcripts, Diploma Replacement & Enrollment Verifications
A student’s academic record or transcript is a private document that is the property of Union Theological Seminary. Union will issue transcripts to a third party only upon written authorization given by the student. Students may request transcripts in the Registrar’s Office and are advised, if meeting deadlines, to make their requests in sufficient time to allow for processing and mailing. Union charges for all copies. The Seminary reserves the right to withhold transcripts from any student with an outstanding balance.
The narrative evaluations submitted by course instructors are not a part of the official transcript, and will not be issued with it.
An Important Message About COVID-19 and Transcript Requests:
Effective March 13, 2020, electronic transcript requests will continue to be processed in normal operating business turnaround. However, due to extremely limited physical staff presence on campus, hard copy transcript requests may require an additional two business days for processing. Please plan accordingly. We advise electronic transcript requests, if and when possible.
Request your transcript using the online transcript request form. We are unable to accept transcript requests by telephone, fax, or email. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) requires that the owners of education information give their consent before their information is released. Your digitally signed and dated consent form shows that you have authorized your transcript to be released.
Instructions for using the online form:
1. If you are a current student or graduate of Union Theological Seminary or were a graduate of the EDS at Union program from 2017-2023, please select “current students and graduates of Union Theological Seminary.”
2. If you graduated from Episcopal Divinity School prior to 2017, you can request your transcript here.
General Transcript Request Information
- All transcript requests must be submitted online.
- Transcripts cost $7.00 per copy – applicable to both paper and e-delivery.
- Transcript requests are processed in the order in which they are received, with a 3-5 business day turnaround.
- Pick-up: For students who select to pick up their official transcript, you will be contacted via phone and/or email when the transcript is ready. A photo ID is required to release the transcript. Any transcript not picked up within 30 days will be destroyed.
- Transcript requests that require an additional attachment(s): Before placing the online order, email the firstname.lastname@example.org with notification that you are mailing the additional document to the registrar. The transcript will be processed once the additional document arrives.
- Requests will not be honored for anyone with past-due financial obligations to the Seminary. Questions regarding financial obligations should be directed to the Bursar’s Office at 212-280-1354.
Transcripts Sent Electronically
- The transcript itself is not emailed; the recipient receives email notification to access the transcript via a secure site.
Students needing proof of enrollment for third parties such as loan servicers or insurance companies should complete this request form, which is submitted to the registrar at email@example.com. If the request includes a form to be completed by the registrar, please bring the original form to AD 105 for the registrar to sign and seal. Letters of enrollment verification are issued on a term basis and typically include expected graduation. Please note: this form is for enrolled/matriculating students only. If you are a newly admitted student requesting verification of your acceptance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alumni can request re-orders of previously issued diplomas. Due to COVID-19, the current turnaround time for diploma replacements is 6 weeks. The procedure for requesting a replacement diploma is as follows:
- Email the following information to email@example.com:
- Full name while in attendance
- Degree awarded
- Year of graduation
- Two signatures on original diploma, if available; otherwise current president and board chair signatures will be applied
- Mailing address for replacement diploma
- Mail a $40.00 check or money order (addressed to Union Theological Seminary) to
Office of the Registrar
Union Theological Seminary
3041 Broadway, AD 105
New York, NY 10027