To apply for any of the positions listed on this page, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and please indicate the specific job title in the subject line.
Union Theological Seminary is an Equal Opportunity Employer and acts in accordance with applicable laws in all of our hiring and employment practices. Union considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, ability, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor under federal, state, or local law.
Please contact Chief Human Resources Officer, Diana Torres-Petrilli | (212) 678-8011
Current Job Openings
Reporting directly to the Vice President for Admissions and Financial Aid, the Enrollment Coordinator, Admissions and Financial Aid participates in the day-to-day operations of Union Theological Seminary’s admissions and financial aid office, which processes inquiries from prospective students to the Master of Divinity, Master of Arts, Master of Sacred Theology and doctoral programs for a nationally recognized theology program with an enrollment of approximately 250 students. Responsibilities include fielding general admissions and financial inquiries from prospective and current students, following up with incomplete admission and financial aid applications, entering enrollment and financial aid data into the college’s student information system, providing administrative support to the admissions, financial aid and enrollment process, and helping maintain records.
Admissions Operations 40%
- Provide student-centered, excellent customer service, welcoming students, faculty, and staff in person and through telephone and email
- Respond to daily mail, e-mail, telephone, and in-person requests from prospective students. Provide prospective students with guidance on completing admission, financial aid, and other related enrollment paperwork by assessing needs and asking appropriate questions.
- Receive enrollment documents submitted by students (applications, transcripts, test scores, financial aid supporting documents, etc.) in the student information system, evaluate for completion and forward to counterparts in the Registrar’s or Academic Office as needed.
- Manage process to upload enrolled student data into the student information system and generate university identification numbers for all incoming students in a timely manner
Financial Aid Operations 35%
- In conjunction with the Director of Financial Aid and Business Operations, process institutional scholarships, service positions, work study positions, teaching positions, awards, and stipends through PowerFAIDS for approximately 250 enrolled students.
- Collect, review, correct, and verify financial aid information. Research and resolve related problems. Track and maintain all financial aid records, including student loan promissory notes
- Advise current and prospective students on the financial aid process and matters concerning the cost of attending and available resources (application, eligibility, programs, etc.)
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of Federal and State financial aid programs, polices, and regulations
Administrative Support 20%
- Provide general administrative support to the Vice President of Admissions and Financial Aid
- Assist with day-to-day administration and the school’s admissions or financial aid office office
- Supervise 2-3 graduate student workers.
Other responsibilities 5%
- Maintain confidentiality of student records by following FERPA regulations, carefully monitoring student records at the workstation for security, and properly store all student records
- Maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, religious, and ethnic backgrounds
- When needed, participate in campus visitation programs, new student orientations, campus retention programs, and commencement events
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree required. Two years of related experience required, preferably in a university setting. Demonstrated accuracy in handling detailed work required. Demonstrated superior customer service and interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communication skills required. Strong organizational skills required. Must demonstrate strong computer skills. Experience with PowerFAIDS preferred; experience with Salesforce EnrollmentRx and Blackbaud preferred. Excellent proofreading/editing skills required. Must be able to work under pressure on concurrent projects with frequent interruptions and minimal supervision.
Submission of a cover letter with a current resume is required.