On behalf of the Office of Student Affairs, and the entire Union Community, it is a pleasure to congratulate you on your admission to Union Theological Seminary. You are joining a community of students, faculty, and staff who share a passion for bold and graceful theological conversation, reflection, education, and praxis in response to the issues of its time.
Below is a comprehensive look at everything incoming students should complete BEFORE coming to Orientation.
The relevant data/demographic information collected in your orientation paperwork will be shared with administrative offices at Union for educational purposes. We ask that you provide consistent information, particularly when sharing your legal name.
Before you may begin your orientation paperwork, you must return to your Application Status Portal in order to submit your $250 Tuition Deposit, and download your financial aid award letter. You will receive your Financial Aid award letter in your application portal from Melissa Desravines. The letter must be signed and submitted within two weeks from the date that you receive it. If you have any questions about Financial Aid, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Admissions | DEADLINE: July 15
The Admissions team is committed to help you get to know Union as you continue along the journey of becoming a student.
- Submit your official, undergraduate transcripts to the Office of Admissions.Your official transcript must include your name, program, and date of degree conferral. Additionally, official transcripts must be original documents bearing the institutional seal and signature of your school’s Registrar and must be submitted in the original, sealed (unopened) envelope from the institution or submitted electronically by the institution through services like eSCRIP-SAFE, Parchment, or the National Student Clearinghouse. Physical transcripts can be mailed to the Office of Admissions, 3041 Broadway, New York, NY 10027
Student Affairs | DEADLINE: July 15
The Office of Student Affairs serves as advocates for our students during their time at seminary. Often we are the best place to go when you’re not sure what to do or whom to ask. Questions about Student Affairs? Email Asst Dean Abby Asgaralli at email@example.com
- **Submit a Health Insurance Enrollment Form or Health Insurance Waiver Form
- **Submit proof of COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster (if eligible)
- **Submit an Immunization Form
Submit an SMS enabled phone number for Union Emergency Notification System
**These three documents are required to enroll in Fall 2022 courses.
Union Housing | DEADLINE: July 15
Union Theological Seminary will operate two residence halls during the 2022 – 2023 school year; McGiffert Hall and Hastings Hall. Click here to learn more about Union Housing.
Students who are still looking for housing not provided by Union Theological Seminary can review Columbia’s off-campus housing assistance. Your UNI will allow you access to this site.
Questions about Housing? Email Michael Orzechowski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Campus Services | DEADLINE: July 15
Campus Services assists with everything from planning events on campus, requesting repairs in campus housing, and connecting with the Information Technology department. To learn more, please visit the Student Services section of the website. Questions about Campus Services? Email Michael Orzechowski at email@example.com.
For students admitted in March/April, the deadline to complete the forms below is May 1. For all other admitted students, please complete as soon as possible.
- OPTIONAL: Union offers lockers & mailbox for students who plan to live off-campus. If interested, please fill out the Locker & Mailbox Request Form