On behalf of the Office of Student Affairs, and the entire Union Community, it is a pleasure to congratulate you on your admission to Union Theological Seminary. You are joining a community of students, faculty, and staff who share a passion for bold and graceful theological conversation, reflection, education, and praxis in response to the issues of its time.
Below is a comprehensive look at everything incoming students should complete BEFORE coming to Orientation.
The relevant data/demographic information collected in your orientation paperwork will be shared with administrative offices at Union for educational purposes. We ask that you provide consistent information, particularly when sharing your legal name.
Before you may begin your orientation paperwork, you must return to your Application Status Portal in order to submit your $250 Tuition Deposit, and download your financial aid award letter. You will receive your Financial Aid award letter in your application portal from Melissa Desravines. If you have any questions about Financial Aid, please email email@example.com.
Union Housing | Priority Deadline: May 20 | Final Deadline: July 15
Living on Union’s campus offers a close-knit community of talented and committed individuals with a shared commitment to social justice and faith in all its manifestations.
To access the Union Housing Application, you will need to log into your SONIS account and use your Union-provided UNI. Once you log into SONIS, on the left vertical menu, under ‘General‘, select ‘Home‘. You will find the Housing Applications on the far right of the screen. Housing on campus is only available to current students and incoming students who have paid their deposit. Assignments are made by Union Housing on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Click here to learn more about Union Housing.
Questions about Housing? Email Michael Orzechowski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Admissions | DEADLINE: August 15
The Admissions team is committed to help you get to know Union as you continue along the journey of becoming a student.
- Submit your official, undergraduate transcripts to the Office of Admissions.Your official transcript must include your name, program, and date of degree conferral. Additionally, official transcripts must be original documents bearing the institutional seal and signature of your school’s Registrar and must be submitted in the original, sealed (unopened) envelope from the institution or submitted electronically by the institution through services like eSCRIP-SAFE, Parchment, or the National Student Clearinghouse. Physical transcripts can be mailed to the Office of Admissions, 3041 Broadway, New York, NY 10027
Student Affairs | DEADLINE: July 20
The Office of Student Affairs serves as advocates for our students during their time at seminary. Often we are the best place to go when you’re not sure what to do or whom to ask. Questions about Student Affairs? Email Asst Dean Abby Asgaralli at email@example.com
- **Submit a Health Insurance Enrollment Form or Health Insurance Waiver Form
- **Submit an Immunization Form
- Can’t locate those records? No problem – please ask your current primary care physician to complete a “Serologic Test” which is a skin test that confirms your immunity and every immunization you’ve had previously and submit that documentation to us.
- Submit an SMS enabled phone number for Union Emergency Notification System
- This must be a United States phone number. If you are an international student, please wait to submit this form until you have a local number.
- OPTIONAL – Submit a Disability Certificate
**These three documents are required to enroll in Fall 2023 courses. When reaching out about your medical documentation, please include Alberta McCants (firstname.lastname@example.org), our Assistant to the Asst Dean for Students.
Campus Services | DEADLINE: July 20
Campus Services assists with everything from planning events on campus, requesting repairs in campus housing, and connecting with the Information Technology department. To learn more, please visit the Campus Services section of the website. Questions about Campus Services? Email Michael Orzechowski at email@example.com.
For students admitted in March/April, the deadline to complete the forms below is May 1. For all other admitted students, please complete as soon as possible.
- OPTIONAL: Union offers lockers & mailbox for students who plan to live off-campus. Application coming soon.