Official Transcripts & Records
A student’s academic record or transcript is a private document that is the property of Union Theological Seminary. Union will issue transcripts to a third party only upon written authorization given by the student. Students may request transcripts in the Registrar’s Office and are advised, if meeting deadlines, to make their requests in sufficient time to allow for processing and mailing. Union charges for all copies. The Seminary reserves the right to withhold transcripts from any student with an outstanding balance.
The narrative evaluations submitted by course instructors are not a part of the official transcript, and will not be issued with it.
Request a Transcript
You may request your transcript from Union using the online transcript request form. We are unable to accept transcript requests by telephone, fax, or email. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) requires that the owners of education information give their consent before their information is released. Your digitally signed and dated consent form shows that you have authorized your transcript to be released.
General Transcript Request Information
- All transcript requests must be submitted online.
- Transcripts cost $7.00 per copy.
- Transcript requests are processed in the order in which they are received.
- Pick-up: For students who select to pick up their official transcript, you will be contacted via phone and/or email when the transcript is ready. Any transcript not picked up within 30 days will be destroyed.
- Transcript requests that require an additional attachment(s) sent with the transcript must be submitted in person, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or by mail along with the signed consent form.
- Requests will not be honored for anyone with past-due financial obligations to the Seminary. Questions regarding financial obligations should be directed to the Bursar’s Office at 212-280-1354.
Requesting Transcript Online
Fill out Union’s Online Transcript Request Form.