Are you a Muslim woman who serves in a religious, scholarly, community, or social leadership role? Are you interested in networking and dialoging with a group of diverse Muslim women leaders? Are you interested in exploring your leadership role in relation to the Islamic tradition, public engagement, and inter-community solidarity?
The 2019 MWLP will be held in the summer or early Fall of 2019, rather than in Janauary. Muslim women (18 years and older), who currently serve as leaders, are encouraged to apply. (The 2018 application cycle has ended. Please check back for further updates.)
The Muslim Women Leaders Program (MWLP) aims to nurture a community of dialogue among diverse Muslim women leaders. The program seeks to provide opportunities for networking; examination of relevant aspects of Islamic thought and practice; and development of practical skills in public engagement and communication. The program includes content sessions, practical trainings, dialogues with visiting Muslim women leaders, and group activities and discussions that draw upon the expertise and experiences of participants. Muslim women (18 years and older), who currently serve as leaders, are encouraged to apply.
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
Applications are due on or before November 1, 2017
- Every participant must identify as a Muslim woman, and must be 18 years of age or older.
- Applications (including references) must be submitted by 11:59 PM on November 1st.
- Applicants will be notified about admission by early December.
- Each participant will receive $500 stipend.
- A limited amount of travel stipends, in the maximum amount of $200, are available for accepted applicants traveling long distance to New York City.
- The quality of the MWLP depends on the full participation of all attendees. In order to build community and best insure a productive time, attendees are required to be present at and participate fully in all program activities.
- MWLP strives to create as diverse of a cohort as possible.
For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.